Monday 19 January 2015

A Sunshiny Day Of Pretty Growing Things ..

Hello there ..
A lovely sunshiny morning here ..
 just thought I would share it with you..



I had a wander along the front of the house ...
 peeping out of the bottom of the hedge ..
 a row of old boots.

These are the symbols of a life lived with work to provide and feed us ... a good little place..
a little graveyard .. a resting place for our old friends.
 

 Nature has garland them with pretty swathes of moss and flowers bedeck their tops ..
they rest in a pretty place.

 You may ask what I was doing wandering around in the freezing cold .. sunny Yes.. but still cold.


 Well I was doing my everyday jobs ...
 fetching in the milk from the gate ..
 yes we still have a Milkman deliver .. and I treasure him!
 There is nothing like  milk out of a glass milk bottle. Who still has a milkman?
I think they are becoming a rare breed .. such a shame.

And of course the Girls have to have their tit bits .. 
just a bit of old bread today .. and a handful of oats.
The big jug contains fresh water for the Girls.


 So cold the water in the bird bath was frozen hard.


 I filled up the wild bird feeding places ..
 poor little things .. its cold for them.
Mind you yesterday there was a lot of 'Hot Action' going on in the hedge .. as the Gents were pursuing the Ladies ready for spring .. and nests full of babies.


And I found these ... just look how pretty .. 
hiding away in the corner of the garden.


I just had to pick a few for the table ...
 doesn't that pink just brighten your day!

Hope you have had a good day ... any snippets of spring in your garden yet?

xx

5 comments:

  1. oh how beautiful the moss is growing along the edge, beautiful! I wish this was my January, but I tell you,,, my January and yours are as different as salt and pepper! That's one of the reasons I love to visit! Have the best day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh l do loove those old boots, l have an old pair of rubber boots with flowers, but they are disinegrating. Will have to put my leather ones out when they wear out :). My sister and l used to wait for the milkman to arrive when we were visiting family in England. Always wished we had that in Norway too. Milk out of a glass bottle was a real treat :). I have some glass milk bottles, use them for homemade redcurrant drink. No sign of spring in my garden yet, only snow and ice. April will bring up my snowdrops l hope. So lovely to see your flowers. Winter beauty. Blessings, Pam xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the boots :-)

    We used to have a milkman before we moved, unfortunately he delivered milk in plastic bottles :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have not had a milkman for years. I remember when I was young, the milkman would deliver milk to the door in a glass bottle.
    There was a layer of cream on the top. We used to fight over who was going to have that first slurp of milk. In later years we had milk delivery but in a plastic container.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Aunt's milkman used to deliver milk using his horse and cart (in the mid 50's)and when we used to visit he would give my cousin and I a few mint imperials to swill around in our glass of milk. Lovely treat. I even remember the horse was called Bob.

    ReplyDelete

I do so like to read your thoughts and my blogg-y doings ... Thankyou for leaving a comment.