Monday 17 May 2010

Pink To Make The Boys Wink!

Hello there! Hope everyone is hunky dory!
Sorry its been a while since the last posting - did you think I had fallen off the edge of the earth?
Well the world has been turning pretty fast for me - where do the days go to? I just seem to have been so busy, but busy in a good way!
Anyway lots of pretty photos on this blog, bits and bobs of the Allsorts doings ---
First and foremost - find of the week, I swear I think I had palpitations when I saw this lovely PINK fabric...... its BRIGHT PINK in 'real life' as it were - photos dimmed it a bit.

This piece is just half of the original piece (I used half for the curtain below) its new unused real retro toweling fabric - I just love the bright jauntiness of it. And all for the princely sum of £2!
I just had to think of something to use it for - so I settled for a razzle dazzle curtain in the bathroom (hides the washing machine).



It looks bright and cheerful - just need a few pink-y things to help it 'settle' and blend into the rest of the decor - I need to go a hunting for some pink bits and bobs, and maybe some pink towels.
Maybe make some facecloths from the same fabric.
Well the greenhouse is coming on well - another lucky find on Tuesdays carboot - it necessitated a quick gettin hold of as the seller was emptying his van. I think it was/is the sort of racking florists use to display their wares. Lovely shabby chic stuff - very me anyway!
Hubby P was pleased - although what a farce trying to fasten it on top of the van - I did make a point of saying to Hubby P how he was getting very good at this loading the van buisness and strapping things on the roof (we do have roof bars) - need everyone to have job satisfaction and happy in their work! lol!


He was happy because it means he doesn't have to build me greenhouse staging from wood - a job less. Still got to finish the sides of the greenhouse - we are hoping some suitable wood will show up - been to the tip this weekend but there was nothing suitable. Something will show up - it always does!

As you can see I have lots planted up.





This other wire staging stuff we picked up on Sunday - it was actually an old 1970's camping/cooking rack, its ideal for holding my buckets of tomatoes.
Does the job! All cheap and cheerful!


Other finds - a wonderful old Aladdin paraffin greenhouse heater for when the nights turn chilly - try and extend the growing season, and a wonderful old metal cupboard to keep my gardening tools and whatnot in. Hubby P will take the legs off the cupboard and then it and the heater should fit underneath a shelf cum 'staging' - more room for plants!


How about this for jolly wheels!!!



Just a £1 - gives me a bit more Independence going round the carboot - I am not supposed to carry things (even a bit of veg in a carrier bag gives me problems) so Hubby P usually hangs around to carry my Treasures. But this wonderful 'Wheelie War Wagon' means I cart my own finds - frees us up a bit. Although It does take a bit of getting use to, I have nearly 'taken out' a couple of young fellas trying to push past me - caught by the ankles with the ol' War Wagon!
Death by War Wagon - or at least a crippling injury!

Cutie Photo....


Baby bunnies are all well grown now and as cute as cute - almost ready for me to find new homes. I've made a 'Baby Bunnies For Sale' sign to put out by the gate - usually we get local people enquiring.

And a few pretty garden pic's..... just because.....



I just love Aliums, and they are the most wonderful rich purple colour.




We seem to have a lot of Stocks this year - maybe I scattered a lot of seed - I can't remember, but they smell heavenly!


And delightful Welsh Poppies - I have trouble growing these, but this little patch comes every year - can't get it to grow anywhere else in the garden though!
xxx Take care for now xxx Bedtime for me xxx










7 comments:

  1. Your tomatoes in buckets look so healthy, have you had success with this?
    That soil they are in looks very rich too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the staging for the greenhouse!

    The bunnies look gorgeous, my little dear would love another one!

    Vanessa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will find your new trolley a godsend! Mine is called Racey Rachel and she takes the pain away from carrying all those bags (which you keep putting down and are scared of losing).

    I'm going to grow tomatos in buckets this year too although mine are going outside. Well done on finding the staging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling, I so needed to look at something soothing and lovely and fortunately I stumbled upon your blog and while here, I enjoyed my visit very much. Your blog is loaded with interesting posts and lovely photos. I proudly joined your followers.

    Love & Hugs
    Duchess

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh, I love that fabric - just glad you didn't make a jump suit out of it! ;~)

    I Love Alliums too - they look like fireworks exploding!

    Kath
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely house, garden and bits and bobs xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

I do so like to read your thoughts and my blogg-y doings ... Thankyou for leaving a comment.