Thursday 20 May 2010

Geoffrey Update and Treasure Transformations!

Evening all - hope you all had a nice day, are you ready for the Heatwave?
We will all be moaning about the heat next!
Just a little Geoffrey Update - Hubby P managed to get some good pic's of them this evening.




just smellin' the flowers!



Havin a nibble of something tasty!



Just chillin on the fence!
The Geoffrey family seem to be doing just fine, its hard to say how many there are of them - funnily enough there is a great resemblance amongst them, indeed! - they all look the same! I think Dad is still a touch bigger - and friendlier.
Anyway you will be glad to know, all is well in the Geoffrey household, and its costing me a small fortune in peanuts and Nairns Organic Oatcakes - simply a must for their supper!
This weeks carboot Treasure - a dinky little set of drawers, a bit battered and shabby - but delightfully so.
Now I've been wanting to replace the large chest of drawers in our bedroom, its a bit too big and to be honest it just holds a lot of - well - junk really. The sort of stuff I buy on a whim - would I ever really wear pink popsocks! And I know for a fact that there are a pair of swimming trunks circa 1980 in Hubby P's drawer - I've seen him wear them once - when we took the children on holiday to a Holiday Camp. Its the only time I've seen him in the water - not a natural environment for Hubby P - and it must be said Swimming trunks are not a look he 'Carry's well', so they can go.
So I was pleased to find this little chest - it just needed a little work - a little magic - a bit of a Vicky transformation.
It was sunshining to day so I set to with the paint.

Gave it a good sand down.
And a good few coats of paint - to match the four poster bed we bought a few months ago - I want light coloured furniture because the room is naturally dark with having the small cottage window set in deep walls.
I gave the draw fronts a little added interest with a decoupage of vintage-y papers.



Everything dried really well, and quickly with the nice sunshine!





I greased the runners of the draws with beeswax to help them slide in and out easily - there is nothing worse than draws which stick.





Quite happy with the result - just got to empty and declutter the original chest - throw the trunks - and who knows what other 'originals' he has hidden away amongst his 'smalls'!
Then I can install the new set and maybe there will be room 'to swing a cat' in the bedroom!


Busy in the garden - I sent for some winter veg seedlings/plugs (this was before the miracle of the greenhouse) - just got them off ebay - wonderful ebay, purveyor of just about everything!
I sent for some interesting red coloured Brussels sprouts and red/purple coloured kale - not that I have mentioned the word 'kale' to Hubby P, it may have to be disguised in some exotic dish - I have a feeling he may think of it as on a par with eating nettles.


Now because I insist on growing only pretty things, I don't have veg beds as such - I grow bits and bobs amongst my flowers - so the winter veg (to be spoken of as such - not the K word) is in the garden bed outside the kitchen window. Hopefully I can keep an eye on it - try and prevent the little plants being eaten by slugs, snails and hungry caterpillars!




And it should give some pretty winter colour.




This rhubarb is amongst the plants too - It really is ready to be made into something deliciously pudding-y!
xxx That's all for now xxx Take care xxx









10 comments:

  1. I love the drawers! 'Hitler resisted', television suspended', and 'wireless prohibited' alongside all that sheet music and childrens illustration. magical. I'm sure your room will be looking amazing now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous makeover Vicky! Looks like a completely different set.

    The garden is coming on a treat and enjoyed the Geoffrey update :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. isn't Geoffrey cute?? lovely photos. Your drawers are lovely missus - ooer!!
    Thank you so much for Twiglets brthday card and pressie, he was v.chuffed. I tried to email you but my mails bounced back !
    Twiggy xx
    PS Looking forward to seeing you soon !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the drawers - tell him kale is the new most good for you veg at our time of life!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great job you've done with the dresser and wonderful photos with garden and Geoffrey - he looks very healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the drawers look great, I love the newspaper on the front!
    our sideboard drawers are completely stuck shut, any advice?
    Josie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy to see Geoffrey and family is still doing well. Sadly, we lost both of our mice to cats.

    Gorgeous makeover on the set of drawers, it looks really nice.

    Your garden looks spectacular!

    Shirl x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the drawers - and the decoupage - Glad the Geoffreys are doing well, I think daddy has hankerings for TV or Film fame, he is a bit of a poseur!

    Kath
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the drawers, must show DH as we're going to revamp our 80's pine dresser this summer.
    Geoffrey is so cute. We used to have a little chubby boy who lived in our shed, his name was Barry.
    He ate all the bits of rabbit food that dropped on the floor, and never once bothered either rabbits or guinea pigs. Such a sweet little lad.

    Love and blessings
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love how you finished your drawers! Lovely! :)

    We have 7 outdoor cats, so no Geoffrey's here. Lovely pics of your little friends.

    Popped over from Daily Decadent. :D

    ReplyDelete

I do so like to read your thoughts and my blogg-y doings ... Thankyou for leaving a comment.