Friday 9 January 2009

JUST CATCHING UP!

Hi there ~ sorry its been so long! I bet you thought I'd fallen off the edge of the Blog world!
Hope you all had a good Christmas/New Year/ Holiday and what not ~ seems a long time ago now.
Just a short post, sort of random ~ Hubby p has uploaded my photos I had for you, and goodness only knows where he has put them ~ I have searched this computer!
So here's a sunny one! ~ remember that Sunshine stuff! And the garden all lush and green.
Did Santa bring some nice goodies? This was one of my rather nice gifts ~ fancy Hubby P knowing I needed a Hatpin stand and Hatpins! This is a Vintage one from Woolworths, a double whammy ~ Vintage and Woolworths , poor Woolies been and gone, but it makes my Hatstand that extra bit special. Indeed, poor Woolies, I think we all have fond memories of spending our pocket money in Woolies on a Saturday!




We went to the Household and Collectables Auction yesterday, great excitement as usual! There was lots of lovely things, unfortunately the Vintage clothes I was interested in went far above the pennies in my pocket. I bought a nice box full of Vintage sherry glasses ( I could just not get a good photo of these) and whatnot, and as usual the Lot included a whole load of Table linen ~ just take a look at this!



It simply screams 1960/70s! with its bright pink geometric pattern! Its even brighter pink than on the photo. Its a tablecloth but would make a great hanging.
I have put this and some others on Ebay ~ to re-home. I am determined not to hoard stuff this year, looking through my cupboards earlier this week, I found stuff that I hadn't looked at for months! That and get my Credit cards paid right down - and fingers crossed paid off! So the not hording, selling on Ebay and reduction of Credit cards goes hand in hand. Wish me luck ~ its so hard not buying all those lovely linens and bits and bobs, just to 'have' them.

Found these too, stashed among the linen, ~ do you remember your Mum buying Scotchbright? It was the most innovative thing in the kitchen - no dishwashers then!



That's all for now time for Tea! Ta Ta for now xxx




8 comments:

  1. That table cloth is lovely, very eye-catching, I wish I had a big enough wall to hang it on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello you
    Was wondering where you'd got to. Happy New Year to all of you. Love the tablecloth and the little hatpin stand.
    Keep warm.
    Twiggy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hatpin stand is lovely. My mum used to have quite a collection - wonder where they are now?
    Wearing all those hats like you do those long pins will come in very handy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you back xxx

    Love the hatpin stand, shame about poor Woolies though, and I never did get one of their monkeys.

    Love and blessings
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. belated happy new year, the hatpin stand and tablecloth are great. Know what you mean about woolies,I think we've all got fond memories.
    Josie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year,I wondered where you were hiding. So nice to see the piccy of your cottage in the sunshine, I'm getting a little fed up with this cold weather. I too am trying to look after the pennies this year, come September we will have 2 kids at uni!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice to have found you and thats where I lived Hollyhead as a child so will follow your blog with great interest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You lucky thing, you find some gorgeous buys at the auction. I love your tablecloth and hatpin stand.

    Your cottage is beautiful. I have fond memories of Woolies too ... O, well.

    ReplyDelete

I do so like to read your thoughts and my blogg-y doings ... Thankyou for leaving a comment.