Monday 9 June 2008

WHAT A NICE BIRTHDAY!!!

Yes! Its that time of year again when I just try to think of all the good years - just wish in a way they hadn't gone by so quickly!
But really - I have had a lovely morning with loved ones and nice thoughtful gifts!
And! great excitement - my Inspirational Summer Swap arrived all the way from Cleary in Florida.
As you can see its a beautiful little quilt of the amazingly cheerful colours, with a delightful embroidered little strawberry motif in the centre.
Quite the hand of fate that it should arrive on my birthday!
Thankyou so much Cleary - I love it!



Just a bit of crafty stuff - I thought you might like to see this. I bought this little daybed for peanuts at a carboot sale a while ago ( it was in a real state of disrepair - so sad!), any way I kind of recovered it, using all the oddments of vintage fabric I had - I wanted to make it all jazzy and full of life!
(sorry this picture is rubbish!)




Its been stored in the summer house for a while, but I have had a bit of a change around in the sitting room and made some room for it. Its great for storage too - I can get loads of fabric and whatnot in the base - Not that that is an excuse to buy more fabric, I am supposed to be being good!!





This was another exciting freebie this weekend! A friend of Hubby P's (another Shedhead) suggested he - Hubby P would need a cupboard for his shed, and off they went to look at old cupboards the chap had - its a Man thing. I thought nothing of it , until he arrived with this beautiful 40s sideboard - its a piece of utility furniture, so finely made with brass and pearl like handles ( I think they may be Bakelite).
And you know what! - it was just the right size and shape to sit next to my sewing machine, and hold all my sewing stuff -too ungainly for his shed!!! - not really a manly, sheddy kind of cupboard at all - shame!



Of course he agreed with me - it really was too nice to cover in old engine oil and paint, and he kindly handed it over. A true test of enduring Love! never mind all this red roses stuff!

It looks really well net to my sewing machine and it means all the unsightly stuff -half finished projects, and scruffy plastic bags of stuff you cant bear to throw out - are hidden away!



I even managed to save the old vintage lining paper - is that a step too far -too sad!!
Anyway going to do some more Birthday type stuff now!
Ta Ta for now xxx






9 comments:

  1. Happy Happy birthday!!! I'm glad you are having such a nice time!
    The swaps are lovely as is your daybed and the cupboard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo you dark horse, you kept that one quiet. Happy Birthday and many of them lady. I love your little quilt and your daybed is divine. love the cupboard too, it's fab.
    See you soon :)
    Twiggy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!
    well done with the recovering of your gorgeous daybed and congratulations on acquiring the new sewing cupboard. Now that is just what I need too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicky,
    Happy Birthday! your Birthday is the same as my DD's she is 20 today. I'm glad the package got there safe and sound. I had fun making it for you.
    Huggs,
    Cleary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!! I love the day bed, very clourful, how come I never find anything that good at a car boot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great day.

    I love your new cupboard

    April xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday!, the daybed looks great and all that storage for sewing!
    Josie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday darling! I hope you had a thoroughly gorgeous day - you deserve it!

    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hiya!

    Glad you had a nice Birthday - the day bed is gorgeous - I love stuff covered in oddments of fabric!

    Kath
    x

    ReplyDelete

I do so like to read your thoughts and my blogg-y doings ... Thankyou for leaving a comment.