Monday 2 June 2008

BITS AND BOBS! CATCHING UP!

Here is the little lampshade finished!
I did find the only drawback with using the buttons - there was a lot of gaps - nasty shade showing, so I filled these with some very PINK beads. I did have some photos of the shade with the lamp switched on, at night, but I trusted them to Hubby P who wanted to use the camera - and goodness knows where he has put them!
I think the effect is pretty 'full on' , but its different and pretty in its own way!
I must admit it was not wholly my idea - I saw a picture in a mag - it looked good I shamelessly copied it!
Just a couple of pics of the bag I made for the Summer Inspirational Swap! I sent it to Cleary , all the way to Florida. She has it now so you can see the pics!



I used a lovely little Vintage crocheted dollie, with summery flowers, and did some hand embroidery to compliment the wonderful crochet work.



Vintage finds at Sundays Carboot sale!
I thought this 50s style little mat set irresistible - especially at 50p!
The little floral pictures are just beautiful.


This is my Cutleaf Elder tree (Nigra - black foliage), just flowering its little socks off, and the flowers are a beautiful pink colour.



It grows up the side of my Summer house.
Hopefully now Hubby P has his shed, he can move all his car parts, which are stored in the summer house, into it - and I can have my Summer house back. Its great for escaping the house and people - just to relax and have a read, or snooze!



Update on the salad window boxes!
They are doing great, we pick from them for dinner every night. I think HubbyP is a little tired of the green stuff - but I tell him its doing him the world of good!!
And it tastes just great - so different to the tired shop bought stuff.




A little update for the 'Shedists' amongst you!
This is the Freecycle shed we got last week, its needed some bits of repair here and there, but its looking good. Just needs the roof on, and he can start filling it!





Ta Ta for now!








8 comments:

  1. Love the finished lampshade. It's so pretty with the little pink beads tying it all together.

    I'm mad about that freecycle shed too, love free stuff.

    Thanks for tagging me. I'm going to do this one this week. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your lampshade is fab! Lucyx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That lampshade is so pretty, very "me". I love freecycle, I love the spirit of giving stuff away for someone else to reuse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your lampshade looks great. Love the bag too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of loveliness, as always, the bag you made is GORGEOUS !!!! I love the lamp shade too, your salad boxes look scrummy. My greenhouse is looking a little pathetic this year, my two cucumber plants have snuffed it. Will have to cheat and buy a couple more;)
    Twiggy x
    PS I'm collecting some fabric from a fellow freecycler this week, it's magic isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hurrah for Freecycle. I'm a huge fan

    Really love the bag, and the pretty lampshade, something else to stick on my mental list of "Things to do with buttons".

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a sheddie! Love your one; ours is just about falling apart but I stil love it. Thank you for your comments on my blog and I will get to the tagging eventually - bit behind on everything at the mo xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the lampshade.
    Your salad looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I do so like to read your thoughts and my blogg-y doings ... Thankyou for leaving a comment.