Thursday 13 March 2008

Hello! Anybody out there???











I promised myself I would take a deep breath and dive in! - so I did and here I am ! I've been an avid reader of all your Blogs for so long, I hope I can contribute to the fun !
As you can see from the 'About Me' bit, I live in Wales its a beautiful place, just feels a bit isolated when the weather is bad.The Children (all men!) have grown and gone - all but one, he keeps coming and going.
At the moment I am a bit house bound, having had an accident earlier in the year so blogging has kept me interested, and inspired my creative urges. Unable to work I have used the time wisely- Ha ha! - spent my time dolling about playing with my heaps of vintage fabrics. I collect all vintage type things to do with sewing, and do all my sewing on an old vintage treadle machine it takes a bit longer, but I feel it gives that authentic finish to my handmade goodies.

My work area is in the conservatory bit of the cottage, its always a bit of a mess, but I like to have all my things to hand and on show, it gives me ideas ans inspiration! At least that's my excuse!
At the moment I am making some little fabric Easter bags, decorated with a bit of lace for my nieces. I will fill them with chocolate eggs and some fluffy little Easter chicks I bought off Ebay ( Isn't Ebay just wonderful!).
I bought some chocolate bunny lollipop moulds -off Ebay too. I will make some of these for the lads - you are never too old for a bit of Easter chocolate! At least today it has been a bit warmer, ( the storms we have been having here in the UK have been awful) and the birds are singing! Spring must be on its way! I






3 comments:

  1. HELLO!! And welcome to Blogland! Let me be the first to comment on your new blog and welcome you to the blogging community! I'm sure you will have lots of fun and make lots of like-minded friends.

    The Easter bags sound delightful - and made in such stunning surroundings - you cottage is a dream! And lovely Welsh daffs surrounding it too!

    Best wishes,
    Niki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, welcome to blogger, I'm quite new myself (Feb 2008) Josie

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello will's mum. welcome to the world of blogging. your little cottage looks beautiful. i know will through alice. it is interesting to read about all hte things you find from car boot sales and charity shops. also about all the things you make! dx.

    ReplyDelete

I do so like to read your thoughts and my blogg-y doings ... Thankyou for leaving a comment.